The Governing Body
Who are the Governing Body?
The Governing Body consists of 14 individuals who give their time and energy on a voluntary basis to work with staff, parents and the community to help provide the best possible education, in a Christian environment, for the children. They represent parents, staff, the Church, the Diocese and the Local Authority They are:
Stephen Darvill (Chair) - Foundation Governor,
Dr Tim Hodgson (Vice Chair) - LA Governor
Liz Sutherland - Foundation Governor, Chair of the Children and Learning Committee
Shelley Collinson - Foundation Governor, Chair of the Resource Committee
Elaine Spick - Head Teacher
Diane Freeman - Staff Governor
Kate Boker-Ingram - Foundation Governor
David Bunn - Parent Governor
Peter Collins - Associate Member
John Oborn - Clerk to the Governors
Jackie Coe - Parent Governor
Vicki Burrows - Ex-Officio - Vicar
Patsy Kettle -Foundation Governor
Richard Seaborne - Foundation Governor
What does the Governing Body do?
The Governing Body sets the strategic framework for the school and works in partnership with the headteacher. It is responsible to the Local Authority and the Diocese for the way the School is run and delegates responsibilities to the Head teacher. In this way the Governing Body:
- Supports the Head and Staff as well as challenging their expectations
- Monitors and evaluates progress towards the School’s priorities and targets
- Agrees targets for pupil achievements
- Challenges performance results
- Manages the Schools finances
- Ensures the curriculum is balanced and broad
- Appoints the Headteacher and is involved in staff recruitment
- Reviews the Headteacher’s performance and pay
- Agrees how many, what type of staff to employ, what equipment to buy/replace
- Is involved in the planning of the School’s long term role via the School Improvement Plan
- Is involved in setting the Schools’ aims and policies
- Engages with all stakeholders, including the staff, children, parents and local community
The Governing Body does this through various committees which report to the main Governing Body Meetings which are held at least four times a year. The main committees are:
Children and Learning:
Liz Sutherland, Elaine Spick, Stephen Darvill, Peter Collins, Diane Freeman, Shelley Collinson, Patsy Kettle, Vicki Burrows, Kate Boker-Ingram, Richard Seaborne.
Stephen Darvill, Shelley Collinson, Tim Hodgson, David Bunn, Elaine Spick, Jackie Coe, Vicki Burrows.
How does the Governing Body get involved in the School?
The Governing Body aims to be very supportive and fully involved in the life of the School and the community. We support the PTFA in the brilliant job they do of organising fun events and providing extra resources and treats for the children. A few examples of this:
- Governors regularly volunteer in classes: sewing, reading, Forest Schools, School trips, craft activities, IT activities, etc.
- Bramley Governor Information
Declaration of Interests
Tim Hodgson, Shelley Collinson, David Bunn and Jackie Coe are all parents of children currently attending the school.
Richard Seaborne is a current Bramley Parish Councillor and a Waverley Borough Councillor.